L-CLASS (A5191A) WILL NOT POST AT ALL - HP UX

This is a discussion on L-CLASS (A5191A) WILL NOT POST AT ALL - HP UX ; I have an L- Class that wont even start to post. I can get to gsp look around and everything looks good. I took it down to min config and still will not post (just GSP and CORE IO). Tried ...

  1. L-CLASS (A5191A) WILL NOT POST AT ALL

    I have an L- Class that wont even start to post. I can get to gsp look
    around and everything looks good. I took it down to min config and
    still will not post (just GSP and CORE IO). Tried 3 diffrent pair off
    dimms and nothing. The light is solid green when powered on and blinks
    when powered off. This is very weird and just wondering if anybody has
    any ideas or have see this before.

  2. Re: L-CLASS (A5191A) WILL NOT POST AT ALL

    Hi,

    > I have an L- Class that wont even start to post. I can get to gsp look
    > around and everything looks good.

    Please, describe a littel bit what looks good. What are outputs of ps
    and vfp commands after server is powered on?

    > I took it down to min config and
    > still will not post (just GSP and CORE IO).

    So, there is some kind of output. Does it mean that server stops after a
    while?

    How does it look your minimal configuration? And original full
    configuration?

    > Tried 3 diffrent pair off
    > dimms and nothing. The light is solid green

    Which one? What is a status of the rest of the LEDs? Attention, Fault?

    > when powered on and blinks
    > when powered off. This is very weird and just wondering if anybody has
    > any ideas or have see this before.

    If it is possible send an output from the GSP console after you power
    off and then power on the server (pc command).

    Best regards,
    Mario.

  3. Re: L-CLASS (A5191A) WILL NOT POST AT ALL

    what do u mean by minimum configuration.. and what are the message are
    you getting at the gsp..

    have you checked if the power control is turned off by mistake..

    gsp> pc should help you out

    I would advice to log a call with hp..

    k.rivera@comcast.net wrote:

    > I have an L- Class that wont even start to post. I can get to gsp look
    > around and everything looks good. I took it down to min config and
    > still will not post (just GSP and CORE IO). Tried 3 diffrent pair off
    > dimms and nothing. The light is solid green when powered on and blinks
    > when powered off. This is very weird and just wondering if anybody has
    > any ideas or have see this before.

+ Reply to Thread