Rebooting a virtual server - HP UX

This is a discussion on Rebooting a virtual server - HP UX ; Hi, I am not a sysadmin and not a unix person either. However, in the absence of some key people i have to do some of this work. That said, I am adding new swap space to a virtual server ...

  1. Rebooting a virtual server

    Hi,
    I am not a sysadmin and not a unix person either. However, in the
    absence of some key people i have to do some of this work.

    That said, I am adding new swap space to a virtual server using sam.
    It says that the server will need to rebooted and the kernel rebuilt
    for these changes to take place. This virtual server is housed on the
    same server as the productoin server. Will rebooting this cause any
    problems for the production instance ? I am on HP-UX 11.

    TIA,
    Harki

  2. Re: Rebooting a virtual server

    harki.rehal@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am not a sysadmin and not a unix person either. However, in the
    > absence of some key people i have to do some of this work.
    >
    > That said, I am adding new swap space to a virtual server using sam.
    > It says that the server will need to rebooted and the kernel rebuilt
    > for these changes to take place. This virtual server is housed on the
    > same server as the productoin server. Will rebooting this cause any
    > problems for the production instance ? I am on HP-UX 11.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Harki

    Harki,

    Are you talking about a virtual partition? If so, a reboot of the OS of
    the 'test' partition should not cause problems for the production partition.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

+ Reply to Thread