Need equivalent of AIX-mknfsmnt command in hpux - HP UX

This is a discussion on Need equivalent of AIX-mknfsmnt command in hpux - HP UX ; Need equivalent of AIX-mknfsmnt command in hpux...

  1. Need equivalent of AIX-mknfsmnt command in hpux

    Need equivalent of AIX-mknfsmnt command in hpux

  2. Re: Need equivalent of AIX-mknfsmnt command in hpux

    tan wrote:
    > Need equivalent of AIX-mknfsmnt command in hpux

    Tan,

    Like me more of the HPUX community might not know what the mknfsmnt
    command might do.

    Can you tell us a little more about it? Might make it easier to help you.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

  3. Re: Need equivalent of AIX-mknfsmnt command in hpux

    Hi,
    This command is used to create persistent NFS mountpoints on AIX.
    Tan

  4. Re: Need equivalent of AIX-mknfsmnt command in hpux

    tan wrote:
    > Need equivalent of AIX-mknfsmnt command in hpux

    Have a look at exports(4) and exportfs(1M).

    --vishwas.

  5. Re: Need equivalent of AIX-mknfsmnt command in hpux

    tan wrote:
    > Hi,
    > This command is used to create persistent NFS mountpoints on AIX.
    > Tan

    Tan,

    The clientside of NFS or the serverside of NFS?

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

  6. Re: Need equivalent of AIX-mknfsmnt command in hpux

    Hi,
    This command created NFs mount point on the client side.

    I found the solution to the problem:
    Mount the filesystem using command "mount" and then add a manual entry
    to the file /etc/fstab
    Regards,
    Tan

  7. Re: Need equivalent of AIX-mknfsmnt command in hpux

    tan wrote:
    > Hi,
    > This command created NFs mount point on the client side.
    >
    > I found the solution to the problem:
    > Mount the filesystem using command "mount" and then add a manual entry
    > to the file /etc/fstab
    > Regards,
    > Tan

    Tan,