    SI_UNKNOWN - signal of unknown origin

    warning: Can't find file /prod/programs/LIS referenced in dld_list.

    /prod/programs/LIS: No such file or directory.
    #0 0xc020dee0 in ()
    (gdb) bt
    #0 0xc020dee0 in ()
    warning: Attempting to unwind past bad PC 0xc020dee0
    #1 0xc01a716c in ()
    #2 0xc01a716c in ()

    Is there any way to get more info from this dump. I have my LIS program
    in a different directory structure than it is in production.
    Any pointers will be very helpful.

    TIA
    Rey

  2. Re: core file analysis using gdb

    Hello Rey,

    I am assuming you are using the HP's gdb 5.3. If not, please download it
    from www.hp.com/go/wdb

    You need to get the exact libraries/executable that are on your production
    system. Use "packcore" command to packup all the required stuff. "Debugging
    with gdb" (chapter 14.20.1) document on this webpage explains more about
    packcore and unpackcore.

    -Bindu
    Himabindu Vuppula
    HP Debugging and Performance Tools.

    "Rey" wrote in message
    news:1140543984.124637.300370@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have to analyze a core dump in our production box. I dont have access
    > to the production box, but i have got the core dump from production to
    > my development box.
    > When i use gdb to analyze, i get
    >
    > Core was generated by `LIS'.
    > Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
    > SI_UNKNOWN - signal of unknown origin
    >
    > warning: Can't find file /prod/programs/LIS referenced in dld_list.
    >
    > /prod/programs/LIS: No such file or directory.
    > #0 0xc020dee0 in ()
    > (gdb) bt
    > #0 0xc020dee0 in ()
    > warning: Attempting to unwind past bad PC 0xc020dee0
    > #1 0xc01a716c in ()
    > #2 0xc01a716c in ()
    >
    > Is there any way to get more info from this dump. I have my LIS program
    > in a different directory structure than it is in production.
    > Any pointers will be very helpful.
    >
    > TIA
    > Rey

+ Reply to Thread