Upgrading HP UX - HP UX

This is a discussion on Upgrading HP UX - HP UX ; I just aquired couple of HP UX boxes. I was told I need to upgrade these boxes (or patch). My questions are: Can someone please tell me how to find my current patch level? (uname -a) Where can you download ...

  1. Upgrading HP UX

    I just aquired couple of HP UX boxes. I was told I need to upgrade
    these boxes (or patch). My questions are:
    Can someone please tell me how to find my current patch level? (uname
    -a)
    Where can you download the patches for HP UX?
    How can I learn more about the LVM of HP UX? I would like unmirror
    rootvg when performing the patch?

    TIA!

  2. Re: Upgrading HP UX

    Go to http://itrc.hp.com. You may need to sign up. In the ITRC, you can
    find links to patches that are available.

    You didn't state your OS level (uname -r). If you are using HP-UX 10.x
    or 11.x, you can use the swlist command to determine the installed s/w
    and the patch bundle level and if any individual patches were installed.

    Try > swlist | grep -i patch

    My system lists five different bundles and a single patch.

    ryan

    magawake@gmail.com wrote:
    > I just aquired couple of HP UX boxes. I was told I need to upgrade
    > these boxes (or patch). My questions are:
    > Can someone please tell me how to find my current patch level? (uname
    > -a)
    > Where can you download the patches for HP UX?
    > How can I learn more about the LVM of HP UX? I would like unmirror
    > rootvg when performing the patch?
    >

    > TIA!

  3. Re: Upgrading HP UX

    Ryan:

    Thanks for the quick reply!

    I don't have a ANY experience with HPUX. I will try to find this info.

    I am coming from a strong AIX background....I have found these docs,
    http://docs.hp.com/en/5991-2701/ch03...ext=next%A0%BB

    I will look into it more....

  4. Re: Upgrading HP UX

    An other good way of looking at your patches is show_patches(1)
    [/usr/contrib/bin/show_patches].

    Using show_patches -a you can get a list of all of the active patches
    on your system. This command became available starting in 11.0
    (requires patch: PHCO_27779 ) or 11.11 (requires patch: PHCO_27780)

+ Reply to Thread