    contains TLS? If not any example code so I can roll my own?

    TIA!

  2. Re: determine if shared library has TLS?

    On 2005-11-22, stack@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Are there any commands I can run on a shared library to establish if it
    > contains TLS? If not any example code so I can roll my own?

    strings - filename | grep -i ChangeCipherSpec

    http://www.notatla.org.uk/goen/
    Powergen write "Why not stay with us" - let me count the ways!

  3. Re: determine if shared library has TLS?

    all mail refused wrote:
    > On 2005-11-22, stack@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> Are there any commands I can run on a shared library to establish if it
    >> contains TLS? If not any example code so I can roll my own?

    > strings - filename | grep -i ChangeCipherSpec

    Did the original poster mean TLS as in Thread Local Storage, or TLS as
    in the "standardized" SSL?

    rick jones

  4. Re: determine if shared library has TLS?

    schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:1132654496.912539.265600@g49g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Are there any commands I can run on a shared library to establish if it
    > contains TLS? If not any example code so I can roll my own?
    >
    > TIA!

    What is TLS ?

    Have a look at "man chatr"
    maybe this helps
    regards
    Reinhard

    reinhard DOT skarbal AT aon DOT at

  5. Re: determine if shared library has TLS?

    Said original poster did indeed mean 'Thread Local Storage'.

  6. Re: determine if shared library has TLS?

    stack@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > Said original poster did indeed mean 'Thread Local Storage'.

    Are you sure?-) This is what your post looked like:

    Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:14:56 comp.sys.hp.hpux Thread 2 of 5
    Lines 7 determine if shared library has TLS? 4 Responses
    stack@freenet.co.uk at http://groups.google.com

    Hi,

    Are there any commands I can run on a shared library to establish if it
    contains TLS? If not any example code so I can roll my own?

    TIA!

    Anyway, at least now we do know that you meant Thread Local Storage
    rather than something else.

    rick jones

  7. Re: determine if shared library has TLS?

    stack@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    : Are there any commands I can run on a shared library to establish if it
    : contains TLS?

    It looks like you never got an answer.

    You can use the following for PA32:
    $ /usr/ccs/bin/odump -sub a.out

    And look for something that has $TDATA$ or $TBSS$:
    3 2 1f ...L1.....T 39 00002030 000008 00000000 000008 8 0 0 $TDATA$
    4 2 1f ...L1.....T 40 00000000 000000 00000008 000008 8 0 0 $TBSS$

    For PA64 and IPF:
    $ /usr/ccs/bin/elfdump -S -h a.out
    7 PBIT 8000000100000000 0000000000001000 00000004 .tdata
    8 NOBI 8000000100000008 0000000000001004 00000008 .tbss

+ Reply to Thread