remsh between HPUX and Linux - HP UX

This is a discussion on remsh between HPUX and Linux - HP UX ; Hi, I'm trying to execute a Tcl script on a Linux machine via remsh from an HPUX machine. When I do this, the PATH I see is from the account on the HPUX machine and not from the account on ...

  1. remsh between HPUX and Linux

    Hi,
    I'm trying to execute a Tcl script on a Linux machine via remsh
    from an HPUX machine. When I do this, the PATH I see is from the
    account on the HPUX machine and not from the account on the Linux
    machine. Even when I do the following, I see the the Linux account
    name (which is different from the HPUX account name), the HPUX PATH,
    and the Linux account name.

    [hpux-account] % remsh linux_machine -l linux_account "whoami; echo
    $PATH; whoami"

    Is this expected? Is there something I'm doing wrong? How can I
    change this so that the PATH I'm working with is the one for the
    account on the Linux machine?

    Thanks,

    Jason Mazzotta

  2. Re: remsh between HPUX and Linux

    Someone I work with pointed out that the particular quotes used resolve
    $PATH before the command is sent. This solves the second problem, but
    not the first one.

+ Reply to Thread