Swlisting software - HP UX

This is a discussion on Swlisting software - HP UX ; A few months ago I have installed gcc ( from the depot file from HPUX, using swinstall) in a custom target selection (i.e. instead of puting it in "/usr/local/..." i've put it in "/whatever/.../usr/local/.." because the /usr partition didn't have ...

  1. Swlisting software

    A few months ago I have installed gcc ( from the depot file from HPUX,
    using swinstall) in a custom target selection (i.e. instead of puting
    it in "/usr/local/..." i've put it in "/whatever/.../usr/local/.."
    because the /usr partition didn't have enough space).

    I have noticed now that when I give the swlist command, gcc doesn't
    apear in the software listing. It is installed, i can compile & play
    with it, but swlist apparently doesn't know about it.

    Is it a way to make swlist list the software that is not installed in
    the default target selection? The swlist manual didn't give me any
    clue.

    Thanks,
    Bogdan Tudor

  2. Re: Swlisting software

    You need to swlist the alternate root that you swinstalled to like:

    swlist -r /whatever

    # swlist -? 2>&1|grep alternate
    -r target selections are alternate root directories

+ Reply to Thread