HP-UX 11i v3 - HP UX

This is a discussion on HP-UX 11i v3 - HP UX ; Hi, what are the highlights expected for HP-UX 11i v3? Rumors say that its going to ship this year. Regards, Ulrich...

  1. HP-UX 11i v3

    Hi,

    what are the highlights expected for HP-UX 11i v3? Rumors say that its going
    to ship this year.

    Regards,
    Ulrich

  2. Re: HP-UX 11i v3

    Ulrich Windl wrote:

    > what are the highlights expected for HP-UX 11i v3? Rumors say that its going
    > to ship this year.

    And even more important: which hardware is supported?

    Benjamin

  3. Re: HP-UX 11i v3

    Benjamin Gawert wrote:
    > Ulrich Windl wrote:
    >
    >> what are the highlights expected for HP-UX 11i v3? Rumors say that its
    >> going
    >> to ship this year.

    > And even more important: which hardware is supported?
    >
    > Benjamin

    Can't speak directly for HP, but I doubt we'll see another
    alternating cycles (PARISC then Itanium) set of releases again.

    They won't be totally Itanium for awhile if I had to guess.
    I mean, you can still order PARISC today (though not recommended).

  4. Re: HP-UX 11i v3

    I doubt that its gonna ship this year.
    A good part of v3 is hyperthreading support for the IA-64 montecito
    processor. Now that intel has announced a delay of around 4-5 months in
    the montecito schedule, I guess a conservative estimate would be that
    it would see a release around the same time, in 2006.
    Manageability and a "true" SCSI-3 mass storage stack(to get rid of the
    max lun and agile addressing limitations) are among the other
    improvements planned.

+ Reply to Thread