What processor? - HP UX

This is a discussion on What processor? - HP UX ; Hi, For upgrading pourposes I need to know what processor has given machine. How can I know (SAM, ...) what processor do I have? Thanks Toni...

  1. What processor?

    Hi,

    For upgrading pourposes I need to know what processor has given
    machine.

    How can I know (SAM, ...) what processor do I have?

    Thanks

    Toni

  2. Re: What processor?

    Toni wrote:

    > For upgrading pourposes I need to know what processor has given
    > machine.
    >
    > How can I know (SAM, ...) what processor do I have?

    Often enough it's enough to just mention _what_ system you have when
    posting in a newsgroup ;-)

    Other than that, if you have ignite_ux installed, you can gather
    informations with "print_manifest".

    Benjamin

  3. Re: What processor?

    Uzytkownik "Benjamin Gawert" napisal w wiadomosci

    > Other than that, if you have ignite_ux installed, you can gather
    > informations with "print_manifest".

    So, HP-UX don't have a /proc and, for eg. cpuinfo ?

    Karol

  4. Re: What processor?

    Toni wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > For upgrading pourposes I need to know what processor has given
    > machine.
    >
    > How can I know (SAM, ...) what processor do I have?

    use stm (or xstm) and run "information tool" on CPU entry/icon.

    --vishwas

  5. Re: What processor?

    Toni wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > For upgrading pourposes I need to know what processor has given
    > machine.
    >
    > How can I know (SAM, ...) what processor do I have?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Toni

    Try machinfo(1).

  6. Re: What processor?

    Benjamin Gawert wrote:
    > Toni wrote:
    >
    > > For upgrading pourposes I need to know what processor has given
    > > machine.
    > >
    > > How can I know (SAM, ...) what processor do I have?

    > Often enough it's enough to just mention _what_ system you have when
    > posting in a newsgroup ;-)

    Precisely, this is what I don't know. The system is in a hosting site
    "who knows where" so I can't know how it is physically.

    The output of "uname -a" is

    HP-UX XXXXX B.11.00 U 9000/800 7479XXXXX unlimited-user license

    > Other than that, if you have ignite_ux installed, you can gather
    > informations with "print_manifest".

    I don't know what application is "ignite_ux", but for what you say it
    seems to be a GUI app. Unfortunately I only have telnet access so I
    can't use them.

    Thanks,

    Toni

  7. Re: What processor?

    > cat: Cannot open /proc/cpuinfo: No such file or directory

    If it should be there it is not installed or misconfigured

    Toni

  8. Re: What processor?

    I've tried to find it but doesn't seem to be there.

    Toni

  9. Re: What processor?

    Thanks, I didn't know this utility.

    >Product ID: CPU Module Type: 0
    >Hardware Model: 0x5e0 Software Model: 0x4

    I'm gooing Google to try to find if 0x5e0 is Itanium or Risc

    Toni

  10. Re: What processor?

    Toni wrote:
    > Thanks, I didn't know this utility.
    >

    >>Product ID: CPU Module Type: 0
    >>Hardware Model: 0x5e0 Software Model: 0x4

    > I'm gooing Google to try to find if 0x5e0 is Itanium or Risc

    Its a PA-RISC code named "(Cantata DC- W2)" .

    --vishwas

  11. Re: What processor?

    Toni wrote:

    >>Often enough it's enough to just mention _what_ system you have when
    >>posting in a newsgroup ;-)

    > Precisely, this is what I don't know. The system is in a hosting site
    > "who knows where" so I can't know how it is physically.

    Ok.

    > The output of "uname -a" is
    >
    > HP-UX XXXXX B.11.00 U 9000/800 7479XXXXX unlimited-user license

    So we know at least that it's a server

    >>Other than that, if you have ignite_ux installed, you can gather
    >>informations with "print_manifest".

    > I don't know what application is "ignite_ux",

    In short ignite_ux is a collection of several tools. It comes with the
    OS, so chances are good it's there.

    You can see what's installed with the command "swlist". If it's not
    there, You can download ignite_ux for free from ...

    > but for what you say it
    > seems to be a GUI app.

    Nope. "print_manifest" is text mode only. It collects system data and
    prints a very detailed list with details about software and hardware.

    Benjamin

  12. Re: What processor?

    Thanks, _very_ useful

  13. Re: What processor?

    Thanks, this is what I needed to know.

  14. Re: What processor?

    "Toni" wrote in message
    news:1130321889.030072.29140@g47g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > For upgrading pourposes I need to know what processor has given
    > machine.
    >
    > How can I know (SAM, ...) what processor do I have?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Toni

    Maybe you should start with the 'model' command. Pretty basic but a good
    place to start.

  15. Re: What processor?

    >> The output of "uname -a" is
    >>
    >> HP-UX XXXXX B.11.00 U 9000/800 7479XXXXX unlimited-user license

    > So we know at least that it's a server

    One can run the model(1m) command to get a more specific model name
    for an HP-UX system.

    rick jones