Need HP-UX 9.04 OS - HP UX

This is a discussion on Need HP-UX 9.04 OS - HP UX ; Hi everybody, Has anybody got the install disks/tapes for HP-UX 9.04? I am aware there is no support for HP-UX 9.04. I tried the local HP office, but they can not provide it. If you have it and do not ...

  1. Need HP-UX 9.04 OS

    Hi everybody,

    Has anybody got the install disks/tapes for HP-UX 9.04?
    I am aware there is no support for HP-UX 9.04. I tried the local HP
    office, but they can not provide it.
    If you have it and do not use it, I can use it for a special purpose.
    Preferably including the manuals.

    Thanks
    Poul

  2. Re: Need HP-UX 9.04 OS

    In article <1130237440.702857.80360@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>, "phallage"
    writes:
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > Has anybody got the install disks/tapes for HP-UX 9.04?
    > I am aware there is no support for HP-UX 9.04. I tried the local HP
    > office, but they can not provide it.
    > If you have it and do not use it, I can use it for a special purpose.
    > Preferably including the manuals.

    A few months ago I googled for HP-UX 9.1 on 68k and found a german company
    (Hantz+Partner) who still offered media+licenses. They get it from
    some US based shop whose name unfortunately has escaped me
    (I think it starts with a 'T'). The prices were modest (some $$) for the
    media but outrageous ($$$$) for a license. Of course they wouldn't
    sell the media w/o the license :-)

  3. Re: Need HP-UX 9.04 OS

    Tried emailing you but it bounced! I may have 9.05.

    Email: john@unixnerd.demon.co.uk, John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
    Web : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!

  4. Re: Need HP-UX 9.04 OS

    John Burns wrote:
    > Tried emailing you but it bounced! I may have 9.05.

    9.05, i.e. odd least significant digit, is for the Series 700 (i.e.
    "workstations"). 9.04, i.e. even least significant digit, is for the
    Series 800 (i.e. "servers"). Can't use one on the other platform.

    Same story for the previously mentioned 9.1 for the Motorola 680X0
    platform (700 and 800 are PA-RISC based).

+ Reply to Thread