Kernel threads on HP-UX - HP UX

This is a discussion on Kernel threads on HP-UX - HP UX ; Hi, The DDK does not document how kernel threads can be created on HP-UX. Googled it and didn't get much info either. Anybody have any ideas on how to create/delete hp-ux kernel threads ? -thanks...

  1. Kernel threads on HP-UX

    Hi,
    The DDK does not document how kernel threads can be created on HP-UX.
    Googled it and didn't get much info either.
    Anybody have any ideas on how to create/delete hp-ux kernel threads ?

    -thanks

  2. Re: Kernel threads on HP-UX

    No worries. Got the good folks at HP to help me out.

  3. Re: Kernel threads on HP-UX

    Manoj R wrote:
    > No worries. Got the good folks at HP to help me out.

    And for the benefit of those who follow, what did they say?

    rick jones

  4. Re: Kernel threads on HP-UX

    The published interface is not available on 11.11. What that means is
    that 3rd Party kernel modules don't have "official" support for
    creating kernel threads on 11.11. There are "unofficial" ways to do it
    of course (contact HP if anybody needs a handle on that).

    On 11.23 they have the published interface
    kdaemon_thread_create()/terminate().

    Since I was looking at the 11.11 DDK obviously I didn't find much
    there, but the 11.23 DDK has everything covered.

    -Manoj

+ Reply to Thread