How to erase a very old newsgroup's post ? - HP UX

This is a discussion on How to erase a very old newsgroup's post ? - HP UX ; Hello, Several years ago, I posted a message on this group. At that time, I was such a noob that I used my very personal email to post my question... Consequently, if I google my "firstname.lastname", I obtain this message ...

  1. How to erase a very old newsgroup's post ?

    Hello,

    Several years ago, I posted a message on this group.
    At that time, I was such a noob that I used my very personal email to
    post my question...
    Consequently, if I google my "firstname.lastname", I obtain this
    message as a result, which is a bit embarassing.

    Is there any way to erase this post from this newsgroup ?

    Regards

  2. Re: How to erase a very old newsgroup's post ?

    gniagnia@gmail.com wrote:
    > Several years ago, I posted a message on this group. At that time,
    > I was such a noob that I used my very personal email to post my
    > question...

    > Consequently, if I google my "firstname.lastname", I obtain this
    > message as a result, which is a bit embarassing.

    Why should that be embarassing?

    > Is there any way to erase this post from this newsgroup ?

    By this time, any nefarious porpoises out there will have already
    harvested your email address, so deleting the post is not going to do
    any good. Most news servers may not even honor the cancel request
    because cancel requests have very often been abused in the past.

    So, the practicaly answer to your question is "No, there is no way to
    erase your post."

    The "answer" to dealing with spam is a decent spam filter.

    rick jones

  3. Re: How to erase a very old newsgroup's post ?

    gniagnia@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Several years ago, I posted a message on this group.
    > At that time, I was such a noob that I used my very personal email to
    > post my question...
    > Consequently, if I google my "firstname.lastname", I obtain this
    > message as a result, which is a bit embarassing.
    >
    > Is there any way to erase this post from this newsgroup ?
    >
    > Regards

    See my response to your copy-post in comp.sys.hp.misc. In future,
    please don't copy-post, but cross-post.

+ Reply to Thread