glut for HPUX 11i - HP UX

This is a discussion on glut for HPUX 11i - HP UX ; Hi there, I am now learning programming using opengl and glut. As the OS is the TCOE 11i version, so the opengl has been already supported in my HP C3000. I also need to install glut package, will the glut-3.7 ...

  1. glut for HPUX 11i

    Hi there,

    I am now learning programming using opengl and glut. As the OS is the
    TCOE 11i version, so the opengl has been already supported in my HP
    C3000.

    I also need to install glut package, will the glut-3.7 for HPUX 11.0
    work for HPUX 11i (11.11)? ( the glut-3.7 could be found in the porting
    and archiving center for hpux). If the glut-3.7 does not work for HPUX
    11i, where could I get the right version?

    Thanks in advance

    YZ

  2. Re: glut for HPUX 11i

    Yinghui Zhang wrote:
    > Hi there,

    > I am now learning programming using opengl and glut. As the OS is the
    > TCOE 11i version, so the opengl has been already supported in my HP
    > C3000.

    > I also need to install glut package, will the glut-3.7 for HPUX 11.0
    > work for HPUX 11i (11.11)? ( the glut-3.7 could be found in the porting
    > and archiving center for hpux). If the glut-3.7 does not work for HPUX
    > 11i, where could I get the right version?

    The general intention is that code compiled on revision N of HP-UX
    will run on revision N+M for M >= 0 So, at that level at least,
    there is a good chance of glut-3.7 working. Of course, there are
    always "details" and since this involves graphics I'm sure there may
    be "details" but I doubt it would hurt to try the install - there
    should be an option under options to allow incompatible to be
    installed. I think that is the swinstall option you need.

    Or, you could take the 11.0 glut 3.7 source package and try compiling
    it on your 11.11 system.

    rick jones