HP-UX terminal application that supports UNICODE - HP UX

This is a discussion on HP-UX terminal application that supports UNICODE - HP UX ; Hello, Can please someone suggest an HP-UX terminal application that supports UNICODE. Does xterm on HP-UX support UNICODE? On Linux, 'xterm -en utf8' sets xterm encoding to utf8. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a similar option on HP-UX. Thank ...

  1. HP-UX terminal application that supports UNICODE

    Hello,

    Can please someone suggest an HP-UX terminal application that supports
    UNICODE.

    Does xterm on HP-UX support UNICODE?
    On Linux, 'xterm -en utf8' sets xterm encoding to utf8. Unfortunately,
    I was unable to find a similar option on HP-UX.

    Thank you,
    Alona

  2. Re: HP-UX terminal application that supports UNICODE

    allab@sympatico.ca wrote:
    > Hello,

    > Can please someone suggest an HP-UX terminal application that supports
    > UNICODE.

    > Does xterm on HP-UX support UNICODE?

    xterm can be compiled for HPUX to support UTF-8.

    However I don't know if HPUX comes with the fonts and locale support needed
    to use it.

    --
    Thomas E. Dickey
    http://invisible-island.net

  3. Re: HP-UX terminal application that supports UNICODE

    HP-UX has the locales. Do you know where teh sources are and how to
    compile to support UNICODE?

  4. Re: HP-UX terminal application that supports UNICODE

    allab@sympatico.ca wrote:
    > HP-UX has the locales. Do you know where teh sources are and how to
    > compile to support UNICODE?

    The sources are in my ftp area -

    xterm supports ANSI color, VT220 emulation and UTF-8
    There's an faq at
    http://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.faq.html
    ftp://invisible-island.net/xterm/

    to compile -