Hello,

I've seen many posts regarding this, but none of them (or rather none that I
found) answered the question. Is there a known and documented API (or
syscall, or something similar) that can give me info about memory slots,
serial number and/or other devices? No one ever asnwered the question about
a programmatic way. I know about cstm, unfortunatelly on my machines there
is no cstm, they came with preinstalled system, as far as I can tell.

As for HPUX running on IA-64 (I believe there is such an animal), I suppose
that "the old, x86 way", that is reading SMBIOS, still works. Can someone
confirm that?

JD