gcc compiling error - HP UX

This is a discussion on gcc compiling error - HP UX ; I had installed the HPUX 11.11 in HP 715 machine and had installed the gcc-3.3.4 by swinstall program. Now I want to install the GNU packages by the gcc compiler. When I tried to install the coreutils-5.2.1, I met some ...

  1. gcc compiling error

    I had installed the HPUX 11.11 in HP 715 machine and had installed the
    gcc-3.3.4 by swinstall program.
    Now I want to install the GNU packages by the gcc compiler.
    When I tried to install the coreutils-5.2.1, I met some gcc compiling error
    in the procedure of configure command.
    Please help me to solve the compiling errors.

    # ./configure
    configure: loading cache config.cache
    checking for a BSD-compatible install... config/install-sh -c
    checking for gawk... no
    checking for mawk... no
    checking for nawk... no
    checking for awk... awk
    checking for desired default level of POSIX conformance... none-specified
    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
    compiler cannot create executables
    See `config.log' for more details.

    #

  2. Re: gcc compiling error

    Hello !

    겨울동동주 wrote:
    > checking for gcc... gcc
    > checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
    > compiler cannot create executables
    > See `config.log' for more details.

    The configure script don't find the gcc. Try to expand the path to
    /usr/local/bin.

    Lars

  3. Re: gcc compiling error

    겨울동동주 wrote:

    > I had installed the HPUX 11.11 in HP 715 machine and had installed the
    > gcc-3.3.4 by swinstall program.
    > Now I want to install the GNU packages by the gcc compiler.
    > When I tried to install the coreutils-5.2.1, I met some gcc compiling error
    > in the procedure of configure command.
    > Please help me to solve the compiling errors.
    >

    > # ./configure
    > configure: loading cache config.cache
    > checking for a BSD-compatible install... config/install-sh -c
    > checking for gawk... no
    > checking for mawk... no
    > checking for nawk... no
    > checking for awk... awk
    > checking for desired default level of POSIX conformance... none-specified
    > checking for gcc... gcc
    > checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
    > compiler cannot create executables
    > See `config.log' for more details.

    Check the software archive (http://hpux.its.tudelft.nl/) for binary depots.

    Then peek at the site for a build recipy to rebuild all if necessary.

    CBee

+ Reply to Thread