telnet commands for hp laserjet - HP UX

This is a discussion on telnet commands for hp laserjet - HP UX ; hi everyone, Is there any way that I can see the status of current or completed jobs using telnet commands into port 9100 of an HP LaserJet? TIA ec :-)...

  1. telnet commands for hp laserjet

    hi everyone,

    Is there any way that I can see the status of current or completed
    jobs using telnet commands into port 9100 of an HP LaserJet?

    TIA

    ec :-)

  2. Re: telnet commands for hp laserjet

    "pc" writes:

    > Is there any way that I can see the status of current or completed
    > jobs using telnet commands into port 9100 of an HP LaserJet?

    Probably you need to "speak" PJL (Printer Job Language) to it.

    Go to http://www.hp.com/go/support, "search for support information"
    on LaserJet 1300, then pick some of the exact model names and choose
    "manuals". From there, you can download a PDF called "Printer Job
    Language Technical Reference Manual". There might be some other
    interesting PDFs on that page, too.

    Most likely the commands you need can be found in the "Status Readback
    Commands" chapter.

    The information is applicable to a lot of HP LaserJets, but the links
    to those PDFs don't seem to be on the support pages of all HP LaserJets.

    --
    Matti.Kurkela@welho.com

  3. Re: telnet commands for hp laserjet

    pc wrote:

    > hi everyone,
    >
    > Is there any way that I can see the status of current or completed
    > jobs using telnet commands into port 9100 of an HP LaserJet?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > ec :-)

    Don't think there's much you will be able to do, because most
    printers only process one printstream at a time and that's what
    they expect on 9100. PJL is not going to help you inquire about
    other jobs. SNMP may be a better answer, particularly if the
    printer supports the Job MIB.

    --
    Clem
    "If you push something hard enough, it will fall over."

  4. Re: telnet commands for hp laserjet

    Mr. Uh Clem wrote:
    > pc wrote:
    >
    >> hi everyone,
    >>
    >> Is there any way that I can see the status of current or completed
    >> jobs using telnet commands into port 9100 of an HP LaserJet?

    If you telneted (port 23) to the Jetdirect IP address (which accepts
    print jobs on port 9100) then there IS printer status information
    available in some models of JetDirect.

    JohnK

+ Reply to Thread