11i upgrade time - HP UX

This is a discussion on 11i upgrade time - HP UX ; Excluding prep/backups how long does the installation run for moving from HPUX11.00 to 11i version 1 (OE)? Just trying to get an estimate for the powers that be. Thanks....

  1. 11i upgrade time

    Excluding prep/backups how long does the installation run for moving
    from HPUX11.00 to 11i version 1 (OE)? Just trying to get an estimate
    for the powers that be. Thanks.

  2. Re: 11i upgrade time

    Jay wrote:
    > Excluding prep/backups how long does the installation run for moving
    > from HPUX11.00 to 11i version 1 (OE)? Just trying to get an estimate
    > for the powers that be. Thanks.

    Depends on the system.
    Older systems like rp2470/B2600 take imho 2-3 hours.

    Lars

  3. Re: 11i upgrade time

    Thanks. Its an RP5470 and we will be using the Enterprise OE.

  4. Re: 11i upgrade time

    Also depends on how many patches need to be applied, how many
    CPU's/memory/etc are in the frame (longer reboots). Customization can
    take a while as well changing the kernel takes a reboot, restoring
    custom applications, installing db software, etc.

    The last time I did an rp5470 (about two years ago) it took about 4
    hours with everything (customization, etc). That frame has 4x875Mhz
    CPU's w/ 8Gb of memory and plenty of patches and custom stuff.

    We're pretty familiar with the OS though, so there wasn't a whole lot
    of monkeying around trying to figure stuff out.

+ Reply to Thread