SecurePath on HP-UX: missing libpthread.1 pthread_mutex_create call - HP UX

This is a discussion on SecurePath on HP-UX: missing libpthread.1 pthread_mutex_create call - HP UX ; Hi, I have a pretty basic question on shared libraries and HP-UX. The third party product Secure Path uses a command "/sbin/spmgr". However this command instantly dies becuase it cannot find the shared library call pthread_mutex_create, which is found in ...

  1. SecurePath on HP-UX: missing libpthread.1 pthread_mutex_create call

    Hi,

    I have a pretty basic question on shared libraries and HP-UX. The third
    party product Secure Path uses a command
    "/sbin/spmgr". However this command instantly dies becuase it cannot find
    the shared library call pthread_mutex_create, which is found in
    /usr/lib/libpthread. The Secure Path daemon "spagent" appears to run fine.

    Here the info:

    % spmgr display
    /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: pthread_mutex_lock (code) from spmgr
    Abort(coredump)

    The unresolved symbol is in /usr/lib/libpthread.1 - a nm show it is there.
    % nm /usr/lib/libpthread.1 | grep pthread_mutex_lock
    __pthread_mutex_lock| 59344|extern|entry |
    __pthread_mutex_lock| 59368|extern|code |$CODE$
    pthread_mutex_lock | 59320|extern|entry |
    pthread_mutex_lock | 59368|extern|code |$CODE$

    Library paths do not seem correct for spmgr:

    chatr of spmgr:
    shared executable
    shared library dynamic path search:
    SHLIB_PATH disabled second
    embedded path disabled first Not Defined
    shared library list:
    dynamic /usr/lib/libstd.2
    dynamic /usr/lib/libstream.2
    dynamic /usr/lib/libCsup.2
    dynamic /usr/lib/libm.2
    dynamic /usr/lib/libcl.2
    dynamic /usr/lib/libc.2
    static /usr/lib/libdld.2
    shared library binding:
    deferred

    chatr of spagent:
    shared executable
    shared library dynamic path search:
    SHLIB_PATH disabled second
    embedded path disabled first Not Defined
    shared library list:
    dynamic /usr/lib/libpthread.1
    dynamic /usr/lib/libstd.2
    dynamic /usr/lib/libstream.2
    dynamic /usr/lib/libCsup.2
    dynamic /usr/lib/libm.2
    dynamic /usr/lib/libcl.2
    dynamic /usr/lib/libc.2
    static /usr/lib/libdld.2
    shared library binding:
    deferred

    Is it easy to use a chatr command to enable SHLIB_PATH to be used, or can I
    embed another path in the header?

    Thank you,
    John Fenwick
    john.fenwick@hp.com

  2. Re: SecurePath on HP-UX: missing libpthread.1 pthread_mutex_createcall

    "John Fenwick" writes:

    > Is it easy to use a chatr command to enable SHLIB_PATH to be used,

    Yes, it is easy. However it is unlikely to solve the problem.

    > or can I embed another path in the header?

    Not with any tools I know of

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

+ Reply to Thread