core dump deploying a gcc application - HP UX

This is a discussion on core dump deploying a gcc application - HP UX ; Hi, I'm not sure if this should be in a gcc group or HPUX so I'm trying here first. I compile a simple test program with gcc 3.3.2 on our HPUX 11.00 system. When I put this on our HPUX ...

  1. core dump deploying a gcc application

    Hi,

    I'm not sure if this should be in a gcc group or HPUX so I'm trying
    here first.

    I compile a simple test program with gcc 3.3.2 on our HPUX 11.00
    system. When I put this on our HPUX 11.11 system and copy libstdc++.sl
    on to it (since this other machine doesn't have gcc installed). I get
    a core dump. Both machines are 32 bit PA-RISC.

    This worked previously with version 2.96 of gcc.

    Is copying libstdc++.sl all I have to do in order to run gcc programs
    on another machine?

    I'm just using default options -

    g++ Z.cpp

    I did have to do a "chatr +s enable Z" on the target machine so that it
    didn't look in /opt/gcc/lib for libstdc++.sl.

    I'm going to post the code to a C++ group to see if I was just being
    lucky before.

    Thanks.

    Peter

  2. Re: core dump deploying a gcc application

    >Is copying libstdc++.sl all I have to do in order to run gcc programs
    >on another machine?

    There is also libgcc_s.sl. (or back in 3.3.* it might be libgcc.sl)

    You can use "chatr " to see what dynamic libraries an executable
    needs in order to run.

    Steve Ellcey
    sje cup . hp . com

+ Reply to Thread