How to change default lan - HP UX

This is a discussion on How to change default lan - HP UX ; HI, Can any one help me to change the default lan on HP-UX 11.00 The "netstat -rin" command shows lan2 as default but i want to make the lan0 as default lan interface. Thanks in advance. Masood...

  1. How to change default lan

    HI,

    Can any one help me to change the default lan on HP-UX 11.00
    The "netstat -rin" command shows lan2 as default but i want to make the
    lan0 as default lan interface.

    Thanks in advance.

    Masood

  2. Re: How to change default lan

    Masood Aslam wrote:
    > Can any one help me to change the default lan on HP-UX 11.00
    > The "netstat -rin" command shows lan2 as default but i want to make the
    > lan0 as default lan interface.

    What do you mean by the "default" LAN interface? Do you mean you want to put the IP address presently assigned to the interface named lan2 on the interface named lan0, or do you want to change the name of the interface presently named lan2 to be lan0, or something else entirely?

    In and of themselves, the HP-UX networking stack doesn't particularly
    care about lan interface names, (a NIC by any other name...) only the
    IP addresses you assign to them. Any software (including that which
    may come from HP) that ass-u-me-s network interface names is broken.

    rick jones
    where do you want to be today?

  3. Re: How to change default lan

    Rick Jones wrote in

    > Masood Aslam wrote:
    >> Can any one help me to change the default lan on HP-UX 11.00
    >> The "netstat -rin" command shows lan2 as default but i want to make
    >> the lan0 as default lan interface.

    > What do you mean by the "default" LAN interface? Do you mean you want
    > to put the IP address presently assigned to the interface named lan2
    > on the interface named lan0, or do you want to change the name of the
    > interface presently named lan2 to be lan0, or something else entirely?
    >
    > In and of themselves, the HP-UX networking stack doesn't particularly
    > care about lan interface names, (a NIC by any other name...) only the
    > IP addresses you assign to them. Any software (including that which
    > may come from HP) that ass-u-me-s network interface names is broken.
    >
    > rick jones

    Thanks Rick for your reply. I am new on HP-UX. when I run "netstat -rin"
    command the display shows an "*" on lan2 interface line. I have three lan
    card installed in the system. I want this "*" appear in front of lan0 line
    because ping command does not show connectivity to other servers until i
    disable lan2.

  4. Re: How to change default lan

    Masood Aslam wrote:
    > Thanks Rick for your reply. I am new on HP-UX. when I run "netstat
    > -rin" command the display shows an "*" on lan2 interface line. I
    > have three lan card installed in the system. I want this "*" appear
    > in front of lan0 line because ping command does not show
    > connectivity to other servers until i disable lan2.

    Are you assigning each interface an IP address in the same IP subnet?

    rick jones