Why is gcc dumping core? - HP UX

This is a discussion on Why is gcc dumping core? - HP UX ; I just installed gcc 3.4.3 from a .depot under HP-UX 11i, and when I try to run it it dumps core. Any idea how I can fix this? -Thanks eros:/home/george> gcc -v /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library: /usr/local/lib/libiconv.sl /usr/lib/dld.sl: No ...

  1. Why is gcc dumping core?

    I just installed gcc 3.4.3 from a .depot under HP-UX
    11i, and when I try to run it it dumps core. Any idea
    how I can fix this?

    -Thanks

    eros:/home/george> gcc -v
    /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library: /usr/local/lib/libiconv.sl
    /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
    Abort(coredump)

  2. Re: Why is gcc dumping core?

    James Egan writes:

    > eros:/home/george> gcc -v
    > /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library: /usr/local/lib/libiconv.sl
    > /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
    > Abort(coredump)

    > Any idea how I can fix this?

    It's pretty obvious that you must install libiconv.sl, which
    apparently comes in its own package:
    http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/cgi-...term=/libiconv

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  3. Re: Why is gcc dumping core?

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:50:01 -0700, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:

    > It's pretty obvious that you must install libiconv.sl, which
    > apparently comes in its own package:
    > http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/cgi-...term=/libiconv
    >
    > Cheers,

    Well, now I feel silly!