No uuid.h on HP-UX? - HP UX

This is a discussion on No uuid.h on HP-UX? - HP UX ; I get the following error while compiling a semaphores library: uuid/uuid.h: No such file or directory System is HP-UX 11.11 and compiler is gcc 3.4.3. The library complied ok on Solaris. Any ideeas? Is there an equivalent for uuid.h? Or ...

  1. No uuid.h on HP-UX?

    I get the following error while compiling a semaphores library:

    uuid/uuid.h: No such file or directory

    System is HP-UX 11.11 and compiler is gcc 3.4.3.

    The library complied ok on Solaris.
    Any ideeas? Is there an equivalent for uuid.h? Or should I install
    something additional to gcc ?

    I've grepped for uuid.h in /usr/include and found nothing.

  2. Re: No uuid.h on HP-UX?

    "Bogdan Tudor" writes:

    > I get the following error while compiling a semaphores library:
    >
    > uuid/uuid.h: No such file or directory
    >
    > System is HP-UX 11.11 and compiler is gcc 3.4.3.
    >
    > The library complied ok on Solaris.
    > Any ideeas? Is there an equivalent for uuid.h? Or should I install
    > something additional to gcc ?
    >
    > I've grepped for uuid.h in /usr/include and found nothing.

    I don't know about 11.11, but on 11.00 it was part of DCE/9000, which
    was an optional (unlocked) package and came on the HP-UX media.

    HTH

    --
    Michael Piotrowski, M.A.
    Public key at