I installed 11i on a C3600 and am now trying to bring this
system up to date wrt. patches. For this, I'm trying to
run cpm_collect.sh from ITRC.

For some reason, it fails. I don't understand at all, why
it fails.

Here's a transcript of my session - I'd be very glad, if
somebody could help.

# uname -a
HP-UX r132 B.11.11 U 9000/785 2010122239 unlimited-user license
# ./cpm_collect.sh

Copyright (c) Hewlett-Packard 1994-2004. All Rights Reserved.

cpm_collect.sh version: A.03.14

This script collects installed patches, aggregates, products, and
filesets from your system and packages them in a file for transfer
to the Response Center. The output file of this script, known as
a PSIFILE, will be in the format .fs.

Creating list of patches in ./r132.fs...

Creating list of patch aggregates in ./r132.fs...

Creating list of products and filesets in ./r132.fs...
ERROR: Could not contact host "r132". Make sure the hostname is
correct and an absolute pathname is specified (beginning with
ERROR: More information may be found in the daemon logfile on this
target (default location is r132:/var/adm/sw/swagentd.log).
# tail -f /var/adm/sw/swagentd.log

======= 09/07/05 15:49:56 METDST BEGIN swagentd (pid = 3853).

WARNING: An attempt to get the network host entry for "r132" failed.
This may result in denial of access to users and agents at
this host. Check the spelling of this name, then your
"/etc/hosts" file, or your "/etc/resolv.conf" file and DNS
resolver configuration. The nslookup program may be helpful
in isolating this problem.
* Checking job queue at 1 minute intervals.
# nslookup r132
Name Server: dewup-dc04.europe.delphiauto.net

Trying DNS
Trying NIS
Name: r132
Aliases: r132.wup.de.delphiauto.com
# grep r132 /etc/hosts r132 r132.wup.de.delphiauto.com
# r132.dewup.europe.delphiauto.net r132
# netstat -rn
Routing tables
Destination Gateway Flags Refs Interface Pmtu UH 0 lo0 4136 UH 0 lan0 4136 U 2 lan0 1500 U 0 lo0 0
default UG 0 lan0 0
# ifconfig lan0
lan0: flags=843
inet netmask ffffff00 broadcast
# telnet r132
Connected to r132.
Escape character is '^]'.
Local flow control on

HP-UX r132 B.11.11 U 9000/785 (tc)

Thanks a lot,
Alexander Skwar
The Information Revolution will be fought on the command line.

-- From a Slashdot.org post