IEEE1394 (Firewire) for B2000? - HP UX

This is a discussion on IEEE1394 (Firewire) for B2000? - HP UX ; Hi, I have a B2000 with HPUX 11.11. Is it possible to add Firewire (1394) support to this machine,and connect up an external Firewire hard drive? It's a portable unit I use to move files back and forth to work. ...

  1. IEEE1394 (Firewire) for B2000?

    Hi,

    I have a B2000 with HPUX 11.11.

    Is it possible to add Firewire (1394) support to this machine,and
    connect up an external Firewire hard drive? It's a portable unit I use
    to move files back and forth to work.

    Thanks,

    Jeff

  2. Re: IEEE1394 (Firewire) for B2000?

    "Jeff McWilliams" wrote

    > I have a B2000 with HPUX 11.11.
    >
    > Is it possible to add Firewire (1394) support to this machine,and
    > connect up an external Firewire hard drive? It's a portable unit I use
    > to move files back and forth to work.

    Sorry, no. At least not if You don't write any drivers for it...

    Benjamin

  3. Re: IEEE1394 (Firewire) for B2000?

    Jeff McWilliams wrote:

    > ... B2000 with HPUX 11.11.
    >
    > Is it possible to add Firewire (1394) support to this ...

    Doubtful, unless some 3rd party has done it, and
    even then, odds are pretty low that you'd get the
    entire food chain: card driver, device driver and
    app-level support.

    HP had a PCI card (A8084A) for the now-gone IA-64
    workstations, but that didn't have HP-UX support
    (Linux and Windows only).