68-pin or 80-pin drives in HP rp3410 - HP UX

This is a discussion on 68-pin or 80-pin drives in HP rp3410 - HP UX ; Does the rp3410 take 68-pin or 80-pin drives? -- albert chin (china @at@ thewrittenword .dot. com)...

  1. 68-pin or 80-pin drives in HP rp3410

    Does the rp3410 take 68-pin or 80-pin drives?

    --
    albert chin (china @at@ thewrittenword .dot. com)

  2. Re: 68-pin or 80-pin drives in HP rp3410

    china@foo.com wrote:
    > Does the rp3410 take 68-pin or 80-pin drives?

    I believe it takes the same drives as the rx[12]6[02]0 and the like,
    which I am told are 80 pin. They have their own sleds to fit into the
    chasis - no idea if the sleds are sold separately.

    rick jones

  3. Re: 68-pin or 80-pin drives in HP rp3410

    Rick Jones wrote:
    > china@foo.com wrote:
    >> Does the rp3410 take 68-pin or 80-pin drives?

    > I believe it takes the same drives as the rx[12]6[02]0 and the like,
    > which I am told are 80 pin. They have their own sleds to fit into the
    > chasis - no idea if the sleds are sold separately.

    HP won't sell the sleds separately. However, we found someone that
    will sell us the sleds from used machines. I think we'll just wait
    until we get the sleds as we're getting conflicting answers to this
    question.

    Thanks though.

    --
    albert chin (china @at@ thewrittenword .dot. com)

  4. Re: 68-pin or 80-pin drives in HP rp3410

    china@foo.com wrote:

    > Rick Jones wrote:
    >
    >>china@foo.com wrote:
    >>
    >>>Does the rp3410 take 68-pin or 80-pin drives?

    >>I believe it takes the same drives as the rx[12]6[02]0 and the like,
    >>which I am told are 80 pin. They have their own sleds to fit into the
    >>chasis - no idea if the sleds are sold separately.

    > HP won't sell the sleds separately. However, we found someone that
    > will sell us the sleds from used machines. I think we'll just wait
    > until we get the sleds as we're getting conflicting answers to this
    > question.
    >
    > Thanks though.

    did you get your disk slides? If not I have a vendor that has them.

  5. Re: 68-pin or 80-pin drives in HP rp3410

    Alan D Johnson wrote:
    > china@foo.com wrote:
    >
    >> HP won't sell the sleds separately. However, we found someone that
    >> will sell us the sleds from used machines. I think we'll just wait
    >> until we get the sleds as we're getting conflicting answers to this
    >> question.

    > did you get your disk slides? If not I have a vendor that has them.

    We ordered them last week. Thanks though.

    --
    albert chin (china @at@ thewrittenword .dot. com)

+ Reply to Thread