hpux Vs optical library - HP UX

This is a discussion on hpux Vs optical library - HP UX ; Hello, I'm trying to configure a surestore 40fx optical library on a D320 machine running hpux 11iV1. I'm wondering if there is a way to make the optical library as a single virtual disk, but I still not found anything ...

  1. hpux Vs optical library

    Hello,
    I'm trying to configure a surestore 40fx optical library on a D320
    machine running hpux 11iV1. I'm wondering if there is a way to make the
    optical library as a single virtual disk, but I still not found anything
    on the hp documentation.
    I configured the kernel drivers, so the system recognizes the library,
    it also sees all the media installed, but seems that there is no way to
    aggregate the capacity of the media togheter. All I succeeded to do is to
    initialize and mount one disk at a time, even enabling the automounter.

    Greetings

    Francesco

  2. Re: hpux Vs optical library

    "osprey" schrieb im Newsbeitrag newsan.2005.08.25.12.12.28.409289@patata.homeip.net...
    > Hello,
    > I'm trying to configure a surestore 40fx optical library on a D320
    > machine running hpux 11iV1. I'm wondering if there is a way to make the
    > optical library as a single virtual disk, but I still not found anything
    > on the hp documentation.

    All I can speak about, is up to and including HPUX 10.20.
    (But you will see some tendency...)

    There once was a driver (in 9.X ?) to mount all (sides of) the MOs in a MO library to different directories
    Then the driver would change the disk and/or swap the side as needed.
    This was really ugly, e.g. if you happened to copy a file form a to b and a and b where on different media (or different sides of the same media), the file would be copied in chunks of a (small) buffer size, with one swap forward and one backward for each buffer size of data - annoying.
    So in 10.20 this driver was dropped. I would be astonished, if it would now have come back.
    I tried to find the name of the old driver in my old logs, but failed - sorry

    Martin

+ Reply to Thread