Adding a FX5 to an existing box - HP UX

This is a discussion on Adding a FX5 to an existing box - HP UX ; I currently a Visualize B2000 running HP-UX 11i. Right now it has the onboard graphics. I'd like to add a FX5 graphics card for it and use that as the main display, primarily to do some OpenGL work for compatibility ...

  1. Adding a FX5 to an existing box

    I currently a Visualize B2000 running HP-UX 11i. Right now it has the
    onboard graphics.

    I'd like to add a FX5 graphics card for it and use that as the main
    display, primarily to do some OpenGL work for compatibility testing
    purposes.

    If I install the FX5, is it difficult for HP-UX/X11 to see the new
    card and use it correctly? Is it easier to re-install HPUX after
    installing the FX5?

    Thanks in advance for the advice.

    Jeff

  2. Re: Adding a FX5 to an existing box

    Hello !

    Jeff McWilliams wrote:
    > I currently a Visualize B2000 running HP-UX 11i. Right now it has the
    > onboard graphics.
    >
    > I'd like to add a FX5 graphics card for it and use that as the main
    > display, primarily to do some OpenGL work for compatibility testing
    > purposes.
    >
    > If I install the FX5, is it difficult for HP-UX/X11 to see the new
    > card and use it correctly? Is it easier to re-install HPUX after
    > installing the FX5?

    No.
    Install the new card. In the PDC set the console to the new graphic
    card. Boot the system. And configure the new graphics with SAM.

    Lars

+ Reply to Thread