LDAPUX: restricting access to certain servers - HP UX

This is a discussion on LDAPUX: restricting access to certain servers - HP UX ; hi all. I would like to use ldap for user authentication. Everything works fine but I have the problem that we have too many servers and we don't want the user to login everywhere. I could create entities, separate the ...

  1. LDAPUX: restricting access to certain servers

    hi all.

    I would like to use ldap for user authentication. Everything works fine
    but I have the problem that we have too many servers and we don't want
    the user to login everywhere.
    I could create entities, separate the users on that entities and tell
    the servers to look only to specific entities. ... but at the same time
    we have a lot of "global" users (users who connect to all machine) and
    it means these users should be replicated on all entities.

    any idea, suggestion?

    thanks.

    --
    il capitano dei carabinieri chiede a un appuntato: "quanto fa 1+1"
    l'appuntato: "3"
    l'appuntato: "3"
    I colleghi in coro "gli dia un'altra chance, gli dia un'altra chance!"

  2. Re: LDAPUX: restricting access to certain servers

    I was lookin into the same thing. Linux has a pam module pam_access.so that
    you can use to control access by group. I'm thinking about building it for
    HPUX though it would be nice if HP supplied it.

    "Massimiliano Adamo" wrote in message
    > hi all.
    >
    > I would like to use ldap for user authentication. Everything works fine
    > but I have the problem that we have too many servers and we don't want
    > the user to login everywhere.
    > I could create entities, separate the users on that entities and tell
    > the servers to look only to specific entities. ... but at the same time
    > we have a lot of "global" users (users who connect to all machine) and
    > it means these users should be replicated on all entities.
    >
    > any idea, suggestion?
    >
    > thanks.
    >

    > --
    > il capitano dei carabinieri chiede a un appuntato: "quanto fa 1+1"
    > l'appuntato: "3"
    > I colleghi in coro "gli dia un'altra chance. Gli dia un'altra chance!"
    > Il capitano ci riprova. Quanto fa "2+1".
    > l'appuntato: "3"
    > I colleghi in coro "gli dia un'altra chance, gli dia un'altra chance!"

+ Reply to Thread