dump parameters for DLT8000 - HP UX

This is a discussion on dump parameters for DLT8000 - HP UX ; If I want to back /stand up to a DLT8000 tape in HP-UX 11.11 or 10.20, what parameters do I use for dump? /stand is not very large, yet dump wants to use "1.28 tapes" to back it up. vxdump ...

  1. dump parameters for DLT8000

    If I want to back /stand up to a DLT8000 tape in HP-UX 11.11 or 10.20,
    what parameters do I use for dump?

    /stand is not very large, yet dump wants to use "1.28 tapes" to back it
    up.

    vxdump doesn't have a lick of trouble, on the other hand.

  2. Re: dump parameters for DLT8000

    > If I want to back /stand up to a DLT8000 tape in HP-UX 11.11 or 10.20,
    > what parameters do I use for dump?

    > /stand is not very large, yet dump wants to use "1.28 tapes" to back it
    > up.

    I use the following size of dump tape

    # dump 0ufs 1118481

    with our DLT8000.

    > vxdump doesn't have a lick of trouble, on the other hand.

    Yes none of that tape length in feet estimation to bother with.

    DaveN.

+ Reply to Thread