Supported 3rd-party graphics adapters - HP UX

This is a discussion on Supported 3rd-party graphics adapters - HP UX ; Hello, I think of buying an Visualize B2000 or C3600 "barebone", which does not have RAM, disks, and graphics. I want to use this system for OS training and as small testing server. Now it should be clear why I ...

  1. Supported 3rd-party graphics adapters

    Hello,

    I think of buying an Visualize B2000 or C3600 "barebone", which does
    not have RAM, disks, and graphics. I want to use this system for OS
    training and as small testing server.

    Now it should be clear why I do not want an expensive Visualize FX
    graphics adapter.

    My question in brief:
    Which simple and cheap PCI graphics card is easily supported in HP-UX?

    Many thanks for your help.

    Cheers,
    Ebbi

  2. Re: Supported 3rd-party graphics adapters

    I can sell you a used fx4 for 19 GBP, where are you located?

    Email: john@unixnerd.demon.co.uk, John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
    Web : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!

  3. Re: Supported 3rd-party graphics adapters

    Ebbi wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I think of buying an Visualize B2000 or C3600 "barebone", which does
    > not have RAM, disks, and graphics. I want to use this system for OS
    > training and as small testing server.
    >
    > Now it should be clear why I do not want an expensive Visualize FX
    > graphics adapter.
    >
    > My question in brief:
    > Which simple and cheap PCI graphics card is easily supported in HP-UX?

    See if you get anything here.

    (HPUX 3rd party supported H/W)
    http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/...03,992,00.html

    --vishwas