Getting current path during Make execution - HP UX

This is a discussion on Getting current path during Make execution - HP UX ; Under any GNU compatible make system I do the following: CURR_PATH = $(shell pwd) and then use it during the linking process for a shared library to be linked in as -L $(CURR_PATH)/ This does not seem to work with ...

  1. Getting current path during Make execution

    Under any GNU compatible make system I do the following:

    CURR_PATH = $(shell pwd)

    and then use it during the linking process for a shared library to be
    linked in as

    -L $(CURR_PATH)/

    This does not seem to work with Make under HPUX 11. What is the proper
    syntax to do the same thing as above? I neec to use the current path as
    the first part of the absolute path during link time so that the shared
    library being created will find it's dependant libs correctly. And, no I
    cannot just use a fixed location for the libs due to portability and
    root access constraints. It needs to be set at compile time baed on the
    location that Make is invoked from.

    TIA

  2. Re: Getting current path during Make execution

    Steve writes:

    > -L $(CURR_PATH)/

    What's wrong with

    -L `pwd`/

    Also, I've found that simply using GNUmake on all platforms that
    I build on saves a lot of trouble. Why must you use HPs make?

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  3. Re: Getting current path during Make execution

    That did the trick. Thanks.

    The reason I cannot just convert to gmake (my preferred fix) is that
    standard HPUX make is hard coded into an application that typically does
    the make for users of this software and I cannot re-direct it to gmake.

    Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
    > Steve writes:
    >

    >>-L $(CURR_PATH)/

    > What's wrong with
    >
    > -L `pwd`/
    >
    > Also, I've found that simply using GNUmake on all platforms that
    > I build on saves a lot of trouble. Why must you use HPs make?
    >
    > Cheers,

+ Reply to Thread