Snare for HP-UX - HP UX

This is a discussion on Snare for HP-UX - HP UX ; We've had a few emails asking about a version of our open-source Snare audit & intrusion detection agent for HP-UX in the past. There have also been a couple of posts to this group: http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rch+this+group I've just managed to get ...

  1. Snare for HP-UX

    We've had a few emails asking about a version of our open-source Snare
    audit & intrusion detection agent for HP-UX in the past.

    There have also been a couple of posts to this group:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rch+this+group

    I've just managed to get my hands on an old HP 715/64 (with a whopping
    4gig HDD! , but since it came with debian pre-installed, I'm on the
    scrounge for an operating system to develop on.

    Does anyone know if HP have 'developer programmes' where they make
    versions of the OS available to open-source developers?

    Regards,

    Leigh.

  2. Re: Snare for HP-UX

    RedPhoenix wrote:
    > Does anyone know if HP have 'developer programmes' where they make
    > versions of the OS available to open-source developers?

    There may be something under the DSPP - pointers should still exist
    from http://devresource.hp.com/ .

    I am not sure abou things that would require root, but there is also
    the testdrive program, which while not meant to support long-term
    product work might be a good place for a quick start. Search for
    "testdrive" at www.hp.com and I suspect it will return links.

    rick jones

  3. Re: Snare for HP-UX

    RedPhoenix wrote:
    > We've had a few emails asking about a version of our open-source Snare
    > audit & intrusion detection agent for HP-UX in the past.
    >
    > There have also been a couple of posts to this group:
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rch+this+group
    >
    > I've just managed to get my hands on an old HP 715/64 (with a whopping
    > 4gig HDD! , but since it came with debian pre-installed, I'm on the
    > scrounge for an operating system to develop on.
    >
    > Does anyone know if HP have 'developer programmes' where they make
    > versions of the OS available to open-source developers?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Leigh.

    Leigh,

    I got my HP-UX from Ebay. Disadvantage have no HP support.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

+ Reply to Thread