Help required - HP UX

This is a discussion on Help required - HP UX ; Can anyone tell me what's wrong in this statement. When enver I try to install .depot softwares I found the error below. "Could not contact host "S100652". Make sure the hostname is correct | | |+--| and an absolute pathname ...

  1. Help required

    Can anyone tell me what's wrong in this statement.
    When enver I try to install .depot softwares I found the error below.

    "Could not contact host "S100652". Make sure the hostname is correct |

    |+--| and an absolute pathname is specified (beginning with "/")."

    remember that My host name is "S100652". and it's correct.
    so what the problem in this.
    I also provide the correct path of .depot software.

  2. Re: Help required

    Hi

    is swagent running on the system, does nameresolution work forward and
    backward on the real hostname/IP and localhost/loopback/127.0.0.1 ? Is
    the network connected or is it a standalone machine (standalone
    swinstall requires some special configurations)?

    florian

    Qamar Alam wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me what's wrong in this statement.
    > When enver I try to install .depot softwares I found the error below.
    >
    > "Could not contact host "S100652". Make sure the hostname is correct |
    > |
    > |+--| and an absolute pathname is specified (beginning with "/")."
    >
    > remember that My host name is "S100652". and it's correct.
    > so what the problem in this.
    > I also provide the correct path of .depot software.

  3. Re: Help required

    "Qamar Alam" wrote in message
    news:1122452571.286293.43420@g14g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Can anyone tell me what's wrong in this statement.
    > When enver I try to install .depot softwares I found the error below.
    >
    > "Could not contact host "S100652". Make sure the hostname is correct |
    > |
    > |+--| and an absolute pathname is specified (beginning with "/")."
    >
    > remember that My host name is "S100652". and it's correct.
    > so what the problem in this.
    > I also provide the correct path of .depot software.

    What command do you use? Where is the depot?

    Have you tried

    #swinstall -s / e.g. swinstall -s /tmp/install/bla.depot?

    M.

+ Reply to Thread