Where to look for history of deleted files on HP-UX? - HP UX

This is a discussion on Where to look for history of deleted files on HP-UX? - HP UX ; Dear all, I was wondering if there are any log files I can look at to see when a particular file is deleted or removed from the system on an unix machine (HP-UX) thanks, Peter...

  1. Where to look for history of deleted files on HP-UX?

    Dear all,

    I was wondering if there are any log files I can look at to see when a
    particular file is deleted or removed from the system on an unix
    machine (HP-UX)

    thanks,
    Peter

  2. Re: Where to look for history of deleted files on HP-UX?

    On 26 Jul 2005 01:03:27 -0700
    ninterxz@gmail.com wrote:

    > I was wondering if there are any log files I can look at to see when a
    > particular file is deleted or removed from the system on an unix
    > machine (HP-UX)

    Unix does not routinely log file creation and deletion.

    --
    Stefaan
    --

+ Reply to Thread