aCC runtime: Error 0 from shl_findsym - HP UX

This is a discussion on aCC runtime: Error 0 from shl_findsym - HP UX ; Hi, I am building a library which cores while starting and the error which i am getting is - aCC runtime: Error 0 from shl_findsym(/opt/BMCSess/lib/libxbmc.sl,_shlInit) Abort(coredump) Any pointers or solutions please !! -braj...

  1. aCC runtime: Error 0 from shl_findsym

    Hi,
    I am building a library which cores while starting and the error which
    i am getting is -
    aCC runtime: Error 0 from
    shl_findsym(/opt/BMCSess/lib/libxbmc.sl,_shlInit)
    Abort(coredump)

    Any pointers or solutions please !!
    -braj

  2. Re: aCC runtime: Error 0 from shl_findsym

    "braj" writes:

    > Any pointers or solutions please !!

    Please read this:

    > aCC runtime: Error 0 from
    > shl_findsym(/opt/BMCSess/lib/libxbmc.sl,_shlInit)
    > Abort(coredump)

    The relevant info would probably be:
    - stack trace where abort()ed.
    - how is libxbmc.sl compiled and linked
    - how is the app that uses it linked
    - whether the app is built and runs on the same machine.

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  3. Re: aCC runtime: Error 0 from shl_findsym

    "braj" writes:

    > Hi,
    > I am building a library which cores while starting and the error which
    > i am getting is -
    > aCC runtime: Error 0 from
    > shl_findsym(/opt/BMCSess/lib/libxbmc.sl,_shlInit)
    > Abort(coredump)
    >
    > Any pointers or solutions please !!
    > -braj

    if you are compiling with aCC, you have to use aCC to link too
    (you should not call the linker directly). can you post the
    link line for this library ?

    --
    ranga

  4. Re: aCC runtime: Error 0 from shl_findsym

    Hi ranga,
    here goes the link line for you... pls pls help
    ------------- Building libxbmc.sl ...
    cd obj/hp11.64 ; /opt/aCC/bin/aCC -Wl,+b,/opt/BMCSess/lib
    -Wl,-a,shared -b -DNDEBUG -s xbmClassFactory.o xbmComponentsMain.o
    xbmObjRegistry.o xbmLogMgr.o xbmPid_hp.o xbmDiskRoutines_hp.o
    xbmPathRoutines.o xbmSystemRoutines.o xbmStringRoutines.o xbmSecurity.o
    xbmInterface.o xbmCPPMemAlloc.o xbmErrorStr.o hh.o conf.o -o libxbmc.sl
    -Wl,+e,xbmOnLoad -Wl,+e,xbmOnUnload -Wl,+e,xbmGetVersion
    -Wl,+e,GetVersion -Wl,+e,xbmSetSecurityContext
    -Wl,+e,xbmGetSecurityContext -Wl,+e,xbmGetErrCString
    -Wl,+e,IXBM_GetInstanceID -Wl,+e,xbmCreateObjRegistry
    -Wl,+e,xbmDeleteObjRegistry -Wl,+e,xbmGetXbmRootDirectory
    -Wl,+e,xbmGetXbmLogPath -Wl,+e,xbmRedirectXbmLogPath
    -Wl,+e,xbmIsPidAlive -Wl,+e,xbmGetUid
    -Wl,+e,xbmGetAvailablePhysMemoryInBytes -Wl,+e,xbmGetProcSize
    -Wl,+e,xbmCreateSystemLogMgr -Wl,+e,xbmRetrieveSystemLogMgr
    -Wl,+e,LogForkExec -Wl,+e,OutForkExec -Wl,+e,CreateDirectory
    -Wl,+e,FileSystemCheck -Wl,+e,xbmGetMountPoint
    -Wl,+e,GetNewUniqueMountPoint -Wl,+e,xbmFormatByteCount
    -Wl,+e,xbmFormatVersion -Wl,+e,xbmResolvePath -Wl,+e,confOpenEx
    -Wl,+e,confCloseEx -Wl,+e,confLastGetFailed -Wl,+e,confFlush
    -Wl,+e,confGetInt -Wl,+e,confGetString -Wl,+e,confWriteInt
    -Wl,+e,confWriteString -Wl,+e,confReadSection
    -Wl,+e,confGetSectionList -Wl,+e,strlistify -Wl,+e,strescapestr
    -Wl,+e,strtomap -Wl,+e,maptostr -Wl,+e,devnm
    -L/home/brai/ccm_wa/xbo/ESS~brai2/ESS/lib/hp11.64 -L/usr/lib -ldld
    -lelf -lrpcsvc -lc

  5. Re: aCC runtime: Error 0 from shl_findsym

    "braj" writes:

    > here goes the link line for you... pls pls help
    > cd obj/hp11.64 ; /opt/aCC/bin/aCC -Wl,+b,/opt/BMCSess/lib ...

    In case you have not figured it out yourself yet, this info is
    insufficient to understand what the problem is.

    Please provide the answers to other questions I asked you, and
    *please* read the article I referred you to.

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  6. Re: aCC runtime: Error 0 from shl_findsym

    > -Wl,+e,xbmOnLoad -Wl,+e,xbmOnUnload -Wl,+e,xbmGetVersion

    you need to export the symbol "_shlInit" (also) using "-Wl,+e"or "-Wl,+ee".
    i think if you look at the stderr of the application you should see a message
    like this:

    aCC runtime: No static construction will be done. Perhaps +e _shlInit is missing?

    perhaps aCC should have taken care of it. i will raise an enhancement request with
    the compiler.

    --
    ranga

  7. Re: aCC runtime: Error 0 from shl_findsym

    did u trace lower level system calls and wat does that say...

  8. Re: aCC runtime: Error 0 from shl_findsym

    Guys,
    The problem is solved. I exported the symbol _shlInit for the shared
    libraries and it worked for me. But still the problem remains that, if
    that is the case why was it workin on 32 bit HPs

    Anyways, thanks a ton to everyone.

  9. Re: aCC runtime: Error 0 from shl_findsym

    "braj" writes:

    > Guys,
    > The problem is solved. I exported the symbol _shlInit for the shared
    > libraries and it worked for me. But still the problem remains that, if
    > that is the case why was it workin on 32 bit HPs

    are you really building a 64-bit library ?

    you should check whether you get the same problem with
    the latest compiler and linker installed