DDS3 drive in E25 - HP UX

This is a discussion on DDS3 drive in E25 - HP UX ; Hi, We have an E25 server that currently has a DDS1 drive in it that is acting flaky. I was wondering if anyone knew if this drive, a DDS3 for HP9000s, would work in the E25: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1 We're running HPUX ...

  1. DDS3 drive in E25

    Hi,

    We have an E25 server that currently has a DDS1 drive in it that is
    acting flaky.

    I was wondering if anyone knew if this drive, a DDS3 for HP9000s, would
    work in the E25:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1

    We're running HPUX 11.

    I'm hoping that I can just take the system down, replace the drive and
    nothing will have to be changed. Is this so?

    Any help is appreciated,

    Richard

  2. Re: DDS3 drive in E25

    Richard Gaudette wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We have an E25 server that currently has a DDS1 drive in it that is
    > acting flaky.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone knew if this drive, a DDS3 for HP9000s, would
    > work in the E25:
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1
    >

    > We're running HPUX 11.
    >
    > I'm hoping that I can just take the system down, replace the drive and
    > nothing will have to be changed. Is this so?
    >
    > Any help is appreciated,
    >
    > Richard

    Richard,
    The DDS3 drive should work ok on 11.0, just make sure that when you
    put the new drive in that you remove all of the original device files
    from /dev/rmt and /dev/diag/rmt and the do an ioscan/insf -e.

+ Reply to Thread