how to dump the filesystem to a Netbackup server - HP UX

This is a discussion on how to dump the filesystem to a Netbackup server - HP UX ; Hi, Can anyone tell me how to dump a filesystem from HPUX9000 and Tru64 to a Netbackup server? Or do I only need to configure Netbackup server for doing that? Thanks D...

  1. how to dump the filesystem to a Netbackup server

    Hi,

    Can anyone tell me how to dump a filesystem from HPUX9000 and Tru64 to a
    Netbackup server? Or do I only need to configure Netbackup server for
    doing that?

    Thanks

  2. Re: how to dump the filesystem to a Netbackup server

    bsder wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to dump a filesystem from HPUX9000 and Tru64 to a
    > Netbackup server? Or do I only need to configure Netbackup server for
    > doing that?
    >
    > Thanks

    From the NB Master server, configure it as a client and run a backup of
    the filesystem in question. Talk to your NB admin for more details. It
    is up to you to ensure the client is ready for a backup. E.g. shutting
    down databases etc. You can do this from scripts which run
    automatically before and after the backup job.
    There are also different types of backup, if you have the Oracle or SAP
    extensions to NB for example, then these can allow hot backups.

    NB is tar based so if you were looking for the equivalent of vxdump then
    you are out of luck.

    Is that what you were looking for?

    JohnK

    --
    ABSURDITY, n.
    A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

+ Reply to Thread