Interex is gone, the end is near - HP UX

This is a discussion on Interex is gone, the end is near - HP UX ; With the end of Interex it is very clear to see that HPUX will be relegated to "has been" OS just like the rest of the real OS's that HP has acquired over the years. Seeing as they wont release ...

  1. Interex is gone, the end is near

    With the end of Interex it is very clear to see that HPUX will be
    relegated to "has been" OS just like the rest of the real OS's that HP
    has acquired over the years. Seeing as they wont release MPE to open
    source, there is little doubt as to what fate is in store for HPUX.
    Gotta love when a product gets killed because of the bottom line, in
    spite of the fact it performs very well....

  2. Re: Interex is gone, the end is near

    Alan D Johnson wrote:
    > With the end of Interex it is very clear to see that HPUX will be
    > relegated to "has been" OS just like the rest of the real OS's that HP
    > has acquired over the years. Seeing as they wont release MPE to open
    > source, there is little doubt as to what fate is in store for HPUX.
    > Gotta love when a product gets killed because of the bottom line, in
    > spite of the fact it performs very well....

    I guess I didn't realize Interex wielded so much power!

    Somebody needs to tell the folks at HP though. I don't think they
    even know they're not supposed to show up to work tomorrow.

  3. Re: Interex is gone, the end is near

    Chris Cox wrote:
    > Alan D Johnson wrote:
    >
    >>With the end of Interex it is very clear to see that HPUX will be
    >>relegated to "has been" OS just like the rest of the real OS's that HP
    >>has acquired over the years. Seeing as they wont release MPE to open
    >>source, there is little doubt as to what fate is in store for HPUX.
    >>Gotta love when a product gets killed because of the bottom line, in
    >>spite of the fact it performs very well....

    > I guess I didn't realize Interex wielded so much power!
    >
    > Somebody needs to tell the folks at HP though. I don't think they
    > even know they're not supposed to show up to work tomorrow.

    Besides DECUS, long time ago far far away, I don't think there has been
    a user group that has had more influence on a company then Interex. In
    past times companies listened to the people that ran the systems they
    sold, gone are those days.

+ Reply to Thread