errno 125 from pwrite64 - HP UX

This is a discussion on errno 125 from pwrite64 - HP UX ; Im seeing an errno 125 from a pwrite64 on HPUX 11.23 on IA64. (pwrite64 has failed with -1 and I am checking the errno). I believe this errno is ERELOCATED, but I cannot find anything in the docs describing it. ...

  1. errno 125 from pwrite64

    Im seeing an errno 125 from a pwrite64 on HPUX 11.23 on IA64. (pwrite64
    has failed with -1 and I am checking the errno).

    I believe this errno is ERELOCATED, but I cannot find anything in the
    docs describing it.

    Anybody know what this means or how it can be remedied?

  2. Re: errno 125 from pwrite64

    kevin_rose36 wrote:
    > Im seeing an errno 125 from a pwrite64 on HPUX 11.23 on
    > IA64. (pwrite64 has failed with -1 and I am checking the errno).

    A pedantic question on my part, but are you _certain_ the errno is
    125? Is the app threaded or not?

    > I believe this errno is ERELOCATED, but I cannot find anything in the
    > docs describing it.

    What leads you to believe it is ERELOCATED? I've been through
    /usr/include on an HP-UX system and find only:

    # grep RELO /usr/include/sys/errno.h
    #define ERELOC 153 /* Object file error in loading kernel module */

    and find no 125 with an Emumble in any of the distributed include files.

    What does tusc show when it traces your failing pwrite64() call?

    rick jones