Migrate MPE user security to HPUX - HP UX

This is a discussion on Migrate MPE user security to HPUX - HP UX ; We are in the process of migrating E3000/Accucobol/TuboImage applications to HPUX/Accucobol/Eloqence then LINUX/Accucobol/DB2. On MPE, the user log on is directly tied to the application log on. What experiences have you had with migrating security to the unix platform. Are ...

  1. Migrate MPE user security to HPUX

    We are in the process of migrating E3000/Accucobol/TuboImage
    applications to HPUX/Accucobol/Eloqence then LINUX/Accucobol/DB2.

    On MPE, the user log on is directly tied to the application log on.
    What experiences have you had with migrating security to the unix
    platform. Are there any 'gotchas' we need to be aware of. I'm
    thinking printer path allocations, user workspace etc.

    We will be able to reccomend security/account settings at our clients
    but not neccessarily enforce them.

    Any pointers would be very welcome.

    Aaron

  2. Re: Migrate MPE user security to HPUX

    wrote in message
    news:1120575039.736181.199980@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    > We are in the process of migrating E3000/Accucobol/TuboImage
    > applications to HPUX/Accucobol/Eloqence then LINUX/Accucobol/DB2.
    >
    > On MPE, the user log on is directly tied to the application log on.
    > What experiences have you had with migrating security to the unix
    > platform. Are there any 'gotchas' we need to be aware of. I'm
    > thinking printer path allocations, user workspace etc.
    >
    > We will be able to reccomend security/account settings at our clients
    > but not neccessarily enforce them.
    >
    > Any pointers would be very welcome.
    >
    > Aaron

    you can duplicate account/group/file security setting :
    u Modify permissions for user (owner).
    g Modify permissions for group.
    o Modify permissions for others.

    man chmod should give you additional information and a good start.
    if you are using ACDs , there are similar features on HPUX.

    thanks
    Michael

+ Reply to Thread