Anyone using HP-UX with Apache, PHP and OCI? - HP UX

This is a discussion on Anyone using HP-UX with Apache, PHP and OCI? - HP UX ; Hi, I'm searching for someone who's using HP-UX 11.x with Apache and PHP with the OCI8 extension (for accessing Oracle). I'm having some issues while running this and would like to exchange some information. my environment is: HP-UX 11.11 Apache/2.0.49 ...

  1. Anyone using HP-UX with Apache, PHP and OCI?

    Hi,

    I'm searching for someone who's using HP-UX 11.x with Apache and PHP
    with the OCI8 extension (for accessing Oracle).

    I'm having some issues while running this and would like to exchange
    some information.

    my environment is:

    HP-UX 11.11
    Apache/2.0.49 from the hpuxwsApache package
    PHP 4.3.4 as included in that package
    OCI8 as included in that package

    (I also tried Apache 2.0.52 with PHP 4.3.8 but that didn't make a
    difference)

    when I'm enabling OCI8, Apache works fine, but the commandline PHP fails
    (and I need that as I have background processes, generating some
    reports). The error is:

    PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library
    '/opt/hpws/apache/php/lib/php/extensions/oci8.sl' - Can't find path for
    shared library: libclntsh.sl.8.0 in Unknown on line 0

    after finding http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=13151 I managed to solve
    this by setting:
    export LD_PRELOAD=$ORACLE_HOME/JRE/lib/PA_RISC/native_threads/libjava.sl

    and now also PHP from the commandline works fine as well. but I've no
    clue if this is a good solution or there's a better way.

    but now I'm running into an issue with LDAP: ldap_bind() fails from a
    PHP script run from the commandline, while exactly the same code works
    perfectly fine through Apache - and it also works fine from the
    commandline when removing the LD_PRELOAD setting - but that removes the
    OCI8 functionality again...

    so I'm feeling stuck having the choice between LDAP and OCI8 - but my
    scripts uses both...

    (FUP to comp.sys.hp.hpux)

    Regards
    Stefan

  2. Re: Anyone using HP-UX with Apache, PHP and OCI?

    Stefan,

    Your environmental from the server are not showing up... If you read the
    error message it is looking for the library which is not by a full path.

    The solution is what it should be.

    Mike
    > Hi,
    >

    > I'm searching for someone who's using HP-UX 11.x with Apache and PHP
    > with the OCI8 extension (for accessing Oracle).
    >
    > I'm having some issues while running this and would like to exchange
    > some information.
    >
    > my environment is:
    >
    > HP-UX 11.11
    > Apache/2.0.49 from the hpuxwsApache package
    > PHP 4.3.4 as included in that package
    > OCI8 as included in that package
    >
    > (I also tried Apache 2.0.52 with PHP 4.3.8 but that didn't make a
    > difference)
    >

    > when I'm enabling OCI8, Apache works fine, but the commandline PHP fails
    > (and I need that as I have background processes, generating some
    > reports). The error is:
    >
    > PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library
    > '/opt/hpws/apache/php/lib/php/extensions/oci8.sl' - Can't find path for
    > shared library: libclntsh.sl.8.0 in Unknown on line 0
    >
    > after finding http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=13151 I managed to solve
    > this by setting:
    > export LD_PRELOAD=$ORACLE_HOME/JRE/lib/PA_RISC/native_threads/libjava.sl
    >
    > and now also PHP from the commandline works fine as well. but I've no
    > clue if this is a good solution or there's a better way.
    >

    > but now I'm running into an issue with LDAP: ldap_bind() fails from a
    > PHP script run from the commandline, while exactly the same code works
    > perfectly fine through Apache - and it also works fine from the
    > commandline when removing the LD_PRELOAD setting - but that removes the
    > OCI8 functionality again...
    >
    > so I'm feeling stuck having the choice between LDAP and OCI8 - but my
    > scripts uses both...
    >

    > (FUP to comp.sys.hp.hpux)
    >

    > Regards
    > Stefan