smpatch equivalent?? - HP UX

This is a discussion on smpatch equivalent?? - HP UX ; Hello all, Is there anything similar to smpatch (solaris) for hpux? I am looking for a way to automate checking, downloading and patching hpux and verifying all machine are at the same patch level. While I am at it, does ...

  1. smpatch equivalent??

    Hello all,

    Is there anything similar to smpatch (solaris) for hpux? I am looking
    for a way to automate checking, downloading and patching hpux and
    verifying all machine are at the same patch level.

    While I am at it, does anyone use anything similar to apt-get (debian)
    or pkg-get (solaris) for hpux to install OSS apps?

    Thanks for any suggestions,

    SJM

  2. Re: smpatch equivalent??

    sjm wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Is there anything similar to smpatch (solaris) for hpux? I am looking
    > for a way to automate checking, downloading and patching hpux and
    > verifying all machine are at the same patch level.
    >
    > While I am at it, does anyone use anything similar to apt-get (debian)
    > or pkg-get (solaris) for hpux to install OSS apps?
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions,
    >
    > SJM

    swinstall(1M)is your friend. That is the way patches and apps are best
    installed. There are scripts you can get from the ITRC (itrc.hp.com)
    that will do a patch analysis or security analysis, etc. to determine
    what you should put on. The patch script will produce a list of patches
    that you can download individually or as a gzip. IMHO you should not use
    an "automated" method to patch HPUX unless you have a well defined
    baseline to work with.

+ Reply to Thread