HP-UX PA-RISC to HP-UX Itanium migration - HP UX

This is a discussion on HP-UX PA-RISC to HP-UX Itanium migration - HP UX ; Hi, We have to port our application from PA RISC to Itanium. We are using aCC compiler. Can I get list of aCC flags that are used for PA-RISC systems but not usable on IPF systems. Like +DD64 would be ...

  1. HP-UX PA-RISC to HP-UX Itanium migration

    Hi,

    We have to port our application from PA RISC to Itanium. We are using
    aCC compiler. Can I get list of aCC flags that are used for PA-RISC
    systems but not usable on IPF systems. Like +DD64 would be used for
    PA-RISC but not for IPF. List of such aCC flags... to avoid possible
    aCC pitfalls while porting.

    Thanks
    Alok

  2. Re: HP-UX PA-RISC to HP-UX Itanium migration

    chugh_alok@hotmail.com wrote:
    > We have to port our application from PA RISC to Itanium. We are using
    > aCC compiler. Can I get list of aCC flags that are used for PA-RISC
    > systems but not usable on IPF systems. Like +DD64 would be used for
    > PA-RISC but not for IPF. List of such aCC flags... to avoid possible
    > aCC pitfalls while porting.

    I suspect there is something akin to such a writeup at
    devresource.hp.com or the DSPP.

    In the specific case of +DD64, that flag _is_ used on both PA-RISC and
    IPF. The "compile 64 bit" flag that would be PA-specific would be
    +DA2.0w. FWIW, the default compilation mode on HP-UX/IPF is still
    32-bit.

    rick jones

  3. Re: HP-UX PA-RISC to HP-UX Itanium migration

    chugh_alok@hotmail.com wrote:
    > We have to port our application from PA RISC to Itanium. We are using
    > aCC compiler. Can I get list of aCC flags that are used for PA-RISC
    > systems but not usable on IPF systems. Like +DD64 would be used for
    > PA-RISC but not for IPF. List of such aCC flags... to avoid possible
    > aCC pitfalls while porting.

    There are many software transition tools available at
    http://devrsrc1.external.hp.com/STK/

    The specific list of cc and aCC flags that are not supported on
    IPF is available at
    http://devrsrc1.external.hp.com/STK/impacts/i745.html

    The biggest single change in moving from aCC on PA-RISC to IPF is the
    change of the default mode from -AP to -AA. That is change from a
    classic C++ runtime to standard C++ runtime. Both settings are
    available on both PA-RISC and IPF. The default changes going to IPF.
    You can't mix the two settings in one process. Your code and all the
    c++ libraries that you link with must match. So which one you use
    might be dictated by the mode used by third party libraries that need.
    The change is discussed in detail at
    http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/...1,5520,00.html

    That is one of many topics covered by links off of the aC++ home page at
    http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/...3,1740,00.html

    --
    Mike Stroyan, mike.stroyan@hp.com

  4. Re: HP-UX PA-RISC to HP-UX Itanium migration

    Thanks very much!!

  5. Re: HP-UX PA-RISC to HP-UX Itanium migration

    : We have to port our application from PA RISC to Itanium. We are using
    : aCC compiler. Can I get list of aCC flags that are used for PA-RISC
    : systems but not usable on IPF systems. Like +DD64 would be used for
    : PA-RISC but not for IPF. List of such aCC flags... to avoid possible
    : aCC pitfalls while porting.

    The simplest way is to just compile on IPF and look at the driver warnings.
    But Mike has a good pointer.

    Though that is old and now +u# and +Ofailsafe have been implemented for
    some time.

+ Reply to Thread