Problems getting hp box to boot - HP UX

This is a discussion on Problems getting hp box to boot - HP UX ; Hello, I am having a lot or problems trying to get a machine to boot. The first time I turned it on with console access, it booted to some menus asking me about the network. The next time I booted ...

  1. Problems getting hp box to boot

    Hello,

    I am having a lot or problems trying to get a machine to boot. The first
    time I turned it on with console access, it booted to some menus asking me
    about the network. The next time I booted the box I chose boot vmunix
    (autoboot) and it displayed the following information...

    Press Any Key to interrupt Autoboot
    \EFI\HPUX\AUTO ==> boot vmunix
    Seconds left till autoboot - 0
    AUTOBOOTING...
    AUTO BOOT> boot vmunix
    > System Memory = 2040 MB

    ................................................. (complete)
    ............. (complete)
    Launching /stand/vmunix
    SIZE: Text:24254K + Data:5873K + BSS:5200K = Total:35328K

    Console is on a Serial Device
    Booting kernel...

    HP-UX will call firmware in physical-addressing mode

    Memory Class Setup
    Class Physmem Lockmem Swapmem
    System : 2040 MB 2040 MB 2040 MB
    Kernel : 2040 MB 2040 MB 2040 MB
    User : 1694 MB 1474 MB 1480 MB

    Anyone got any ideas as it just seems to hang from here!!!

    Cheers,
    Matt

  2. Re: Problems getting hp box to boot

    "Matt Milne" writes:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am having a lot or problems trying to get a machine to boot. The first
    > time I turned it on with console access, it booted to some menus asking me
    > about the network. The next time I booted the box I chose boot vmunix
    > (autoboot) and it displayed the following information...

    > Memory Class Setup
    > Class Physmem Lockmem Swapmem
    > System : 2040 MB 2040 MB 2040 MB
    > Kernel : 2040 MB 2040 MB 2040 MB
    > User : 1694 MB 1474 MB 1480 MB
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas as it just seems to hang from here!!!

    I'd just say it's actually initializing the kernel here. If you can reach some
    GSP/MP by pressing ^ B, you might check for some hardware problems like
    unterminated SCSI busses that can lengthen initialization.

    Ulrich

    > Cheers,
    > Matt

+ Reply to Thread