Problems with HP Visualize C3000 - HP UX

This is a discussion on Problems with HP Visualize C3000 - HP UX ; Hi. I have problem with my HP Visualize C3000 Workstation. During the power-up test it stops on "FLT 1008 SYS BD illegal inst type" on the LCD. Anyone knows is it possible to make it work again? It was working ...

  1. Problems with HP Visualize C3000

    Hi.

    I have problem with my HP Visualize C3000 Workstation. During the
    power-up test it stops on "FLT 1008 SYS BD illegal inst type" on
    the LCD. Anyone knows is it possible to make it work again? It was
    working a year ago, but now it fails :/

    Thanks in advance for your replies.
    --
    Maciej 'mco' Świętochowski
    [ mco ][ http://mco.hdtv.pl ][ mco@mco.hdtv.pl ]

  2. Re: Problems with HP Visualize C3000

    "Maciej 'mco' Świętochowski" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d9pu5c$56l$2@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
    Hi.

    I have problem with my HP Visualize C3000 Workstation. During the
    power-up test it stops on "FLT 1008 SYS BD illegal inst type" on
    the LCD. Anyone knows is it possible to make it work again? It was
    working a year ago, but now it fails :/

    The Service handbook only says:
    FLT 1n08 SYS BD illegal inst trp CPU n detected an unexpected illegal instruction trap.

    So your CPU somehow got an illegal instruction. The question is: from where ? Cache / Memory / ROM ?
    The service handbook tells to replace the System Board. ("SYS BD" FRU ("field replaceable unit") in the line above.

    The only thing that comes to my mind and _might_ help is reseating the memory. But I'm afraid, that won't do it...
    In my understanding a corrupt memory or cache should give a LPMC or HPMC (if it is uncorrectable)
    Does someone know, if a LPMC/HPMC is only generated when the OS is running ? (They are both listed as display-codes. 1n01 and 1n05)

    HTH (very little)

    Martin

  3. Re: Problems with HP Visualize C3000

    Martin Jost wrote:
    > "Maciej 'mco' Świętochowski" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d9pu5c$56l$2@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have problem with my HP Visualize C3000 Workstation. During the
    > power-up test it stops on "FLT 1008 SYS BD illegal inst type" on
    > the LCD. Anyone knows is it possible to make it work again? It was
    > working a year ago, but now it fails :/
    >
    > The Service handbook only says:
    > FLT 1n08 SYS BD illegal inst trp CPU n detected an unexpected illegal instruction trap.
    >
    > So your CPU somehow got an illegal instruction. The question is: from where ? Cache / Memory / ROM ?
    > The service handbook tells to replace the System Board. ("SYS BD" FRU ("field replaceable unit") in the line above.
    >
    > The only thing that comes to my mind and _might_ help is reseating the memory. But I'm afraid, that won't do it...
    > In my understanding a corrupt memory or cache should give a LPMC or HPMC (if it is uncorrectable)
    > Does someone know, if a LPMC/HPMC is only generated when the OS is running ? (They are both listed as display-codes. 1n01 and 1n05)
    >
    > HTH (very little)
    >
    > Martin

    Historically, LPMC have always been single bit ( limited multibit)
    errors from the OS, for the most part that will not cause problems
    unless there are lots of them. HPMC have always been fatal AFIK. I agree
    that unseat and reseat the memory modules should fix the problem. Search
    thru docs.hp.com and you can find info.

+ Reply to Thread