HP-UX 10.20 Environment variables - HP UX

This is a discussion on HP-UX 10.20 Environment variables - HP UX ; Hi, This is propably a silly question for the ghurus, but I have troble getting my Java CLASSPATH environment variable setup at logon. I added the "set CLASSPATH=/stuff/with/java/classes" and "export CLASSPATH" in /etc/profiles without any luck. What am i missing ...

  1. HP-UX 10.20 Environment variables

    Hi,

    This is propably a silly question for the ghurus, but I have troble
    getting my Java CLASSPATH environment variable setup at logon.

    I added the "set CLASSPATH=/stuff/with/java/classes" and "export
    CLASSPATH" in /etc/profiles without any luck.

    What am i missing here ?

    John Eigelaar

  2. Re: HP-UX 10.20 Environment variables

    Set is used only for csh, not sh.

    JohnP

    "John Eigelaar" wrote in message
    newsan.2005.06.27.12.05.02.345428@yahoo.co.uk...
    > Hi,
    >
    > This is propably a silly question for the ghurus, but I have troble
    > getting my Java CLASSPATH environment variable setup at logon.
    >
    > I added the "set CLASSPATH=/stuff/with/java/classes" and "export
    > CLASSPATH" in /etc/profiles without any luck.
    >
    > What am i missing here ?
    >
    > John Eigelaar

  3. Re: HP-UX 10.20 Environment variables

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:25:28 -0400, John Pezzano wrote:

    > Set is used only for csh, not sh.
    >
    > JohnP
    >
    > "John Eigelaar" wrote in message
    > newsan.2005.06.27.12.05.02.345428@yahoo.co.uk...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> This is propably a silly question for the ghurus, but I have troble
    >> getting my Java CLASSPATH environment variable setup at logon.
    >>
    >> I added the "set CLASSPATH=/stuff/with/java/classes" and "export
    >> CLASSPATH" in /etc/profiles without any luck.
    >>
    >> What am i missing here ?
    >>
    >> John Eigelaar

    What should I be doing ? Is /etc/profile the right place for these things ?

  4. Re: HP-UX 10.20 Environment variables

    : On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:25:28 -0400, John Pezzano wrote:
    : > Set is used only for csh, not sh.

    : What should I be doing? Is /etc/profile the right place for these things?

    As John said, for a real shell you should use:
    export CLASSPATH=/stuff/with/java/classes

    profile is fine if all of your java applications use the same CLASSPATH.

+ Reply to Thread