network KVM - HP UX

This is a discussion on network KVM - HP UX ; Has anyone used a network KVM with a Visualize 3600 to display full screen (1280X1024) graphics? With its DVI video and USB connections, I haven't been able to google a prospect at a reasonable price. TIA...

  1. network KVM

    Has anyone used a network KVM with a Visualize 3600 to display full
    screen (1280X1024) graphics? With its DVI video and USB connections, I
    haven't been able to google a prospect at a reasonable price.

    TIA

  2. Re: network KVM

    MacKay wrote:

    > ... network KVM with a Visualize 3600 to display
    > full screen (1280X1024) graphics? With its DVI
    > video and USB connections, ...

    If I had to do that, I'd probably use the analog
    graphics signal, and convert the console connection
    to PS/2 with the hp A7782A USB-PS/2 adaptor. You
    didn't mention the exact graphics port/card ID,
    but I'd be surprised if the DVI port isn't DVD-I
    (analog and digital), needing only a Dsub15/HD15
    breakout cable. It may even have an HD15 port.

    KVM-over-IP solutions for VGA and PS/2 are probably
    quite a bit less expensive than DVI-D and USB.

    Note that running 1280 res does raise the cost, and
    frame rates will likely be horrible for anything
    other than admin uses, unless your network is 1 Gb
    or faster, and the KVM adaptor has a very fast
    (and expensive) ADC/encoder.

    I have no specific recommendations for KVM brands,
    as I last looked at this market 3 years ago.