How to modify print queue to add "BSD" feature? - HP UX

This is a discussion on How to modify print queue to add "BSD" feature? - HP UX ; How can I verify that the option "Remote Printer is on a BSD System" was checked during the creation of printer? If it was not checked, how can I modify the existing queue to have it enabled? Any solution? I ...

  1. How to modify print queue to add "BSD" feature?

    How can I verify that the option "Remote Printer is on a BSD System"
    was checked during the creation of printer?

    If it was not checked, how can I modify the existing queue to have it
    enabled?

    Any solution?

    I am trying not to re-create all the print queues across my HPUX
    machines.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: How to modify print queue to add "BSD" feature?

    On 21 Jun 2005 01:03:34 -0700, Ultra Kiasu wrote:

    > How can I verify that the option "Remote Printer is on a BSD System"
    > was checked during the creation of printer?
    >
    > If it was not checked, how can I modify the existing queue to have it
    > enabled?
    >
    > Any solution?
    >
    > I am trying not to re-create all the print queues across my HPUX
    > machines.
    >
    > Thanks.

    You can check the samlog:
    lpmgr -a -xlocalname=LPT1,default=n,fence=0,rc=n,is_bsd=y <---Here

    You can't change the BSD flag if it isn't set. The flag is in the binary
    file pstatus.

+ Reply to Thread